Why Use Lithium ION

Compared with traditional Lead Acid batteries, lithium-ion batteries charge quicker, last longer, and have a higher power density for more battery life in a lighter package.

When you know how they work, they can work more for you.

It charges fast for convenience and slow for longevity


Hulikkal lithium-ion battery uses fast charging to quickly reach more than half of its capacity, and then switches to slow charging. The amount of time it takes to reach 60% charge is just 30mins and for the rest 40% is 90 mins. This combined process not only lets you get out sooner, it also extends the lifespan of your battery.


It makes charging easier


Charge your Hulikkal lithium-ion battery whenever you want. There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Hulikkal lithium-ion batteries work in Charge Cycles.

You complete one Charge Cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge.

For instance, you might use 60% of your battery’s capacity one day, and then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 40% the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100%, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle.

It could take several days to complete a charge cycle. The capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging. With Hulikkal lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes very slightly with each complete charge cycle. The expected life of the battery in Hulikkal E-Bikes is approx. 1000 Charge Cycles

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan


“Battery life” is the amount of time your vehicle runs before it needs to be recharged and “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and to get the most out of your Hulikkal Vehicles.


Store it half-charged when you store it long term.


If you want to store your battery long term without use, two key factors will affect the overall health of your battery: temperature and the percentage of charge on the battery when it’s about to be kept for storage. Therefore, we recommend the following:

Do not fully charge or fully discharge your device’s battery — charge it to around 50%. If you store a device when its battery is fully discharged, the battery could fall into a deep discharge state, which renders it incapable of holding a charge. Conversely, if you store it fully charged for an extended period of time, the battery may lose some capacity, leading to shorter battery life.

If you plan to store your battery for longer than six months, charge it to 50% after every six months. Depending on how long you store your device, it may be in a low-battery state when you remove it from long-term storage. After it’s removed from storage, it may require charging.